Tuesday, March 26, 2013

SENATOR RAND PAUL - SENATE ACTIONS

Dear Conservatives,

Last Friday, the Senate ran through a 12-hour voting session before recessing, ending at nearly 5:00 AM Saturday morning

The Democrats in the Senate had finally agreed, after four years, to offer their own budget. 

I wish I could say it was worth the wait, but it was more of the same. 

A lot more

More taxes, more big government, and more trillion dollar deficits. 

The Senate is now on recess for two weeks. And when it comes back in session, the fights will only be more intense - and the stakes even higher, as you will see. 

During this time, my hope is you and I can kick off a grassroots wave of opposition against the threats we can clearly see building. 


And I'll continue to take the lead in the U.S. Senate fighting for our country's future and our values

You see, not only did I oppose the Democrats' outlandish budget but I also got to use those twelve hours to offer some of my own ideas. 

I proposed and forced a Senate vote on the only five year balanced budget, my Clear Vision to Revitalize American plan. 

My budget would cut taxes AND spending. It would eliminate four cabinet agencies and stop our out-of-control deficit spending. In fact, it would pay down $2 trillion in debt in just 10 years. 

But that's just the beginning. I also proposed amendments that would:
*** Cut of foreign aid to Egypt and Pakistan, countries that burn our flag;
*** Stop taxpayer funding of union activities to keep American tax payers from footing Big Labor's bills;
*** Ban the use of domestic drones used to spy on the American people;
*** Privatize the TSA, which has become bloated, inefficient, and ineffective;
*** Rein in the out-of-control EPA, whose outrageous restrictions and regulations drive up the price at the pump and create massive new barriers to job creation and economic growth;
*** Pull the U.S. OUT of the United Nations, which has proven itself to be hostile to liberty and freedom. In fact, they're finalizing the U.N.'s "Small Arms Treaty" right now;
*** Stop the Senate from banning guns and forming a national gun registry - two key parts of the U.N.'s "Small Arms Treaty."
In all, I proposed 15 amendments last week, fighting for our values and future. 

It has been a long few weeks. 

From my 13-hour filibuster to our big win at CPAC, I have counted on your support every step of the way, and you have been there. 

But when the Senate goes back into session in two weeks, some of the most important battles of the Obama presidency will take place. 

Just consider what's at stake: 

GUN CONTROL 

This long-awaited fight will be at the top of the U.S. Senate's agenda when they go back into session. And soft-drink banning New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's anti-gun group has just announced he'll be spending $12 million to turn up the heat on the U.S. Senators. 

My plan is to draw a line in the sand saying "no more gun control." But it's never been more important Second Amendment supporters mobilize and fight back NOW. 

IMMIGRATION "REFORM" 

Majority Leader Harry Reid and President Obama are preparing to steamroll Republican opposition in the U.S. Senate, with effectively the same failed plan Republicans were fooled into accepting in the 1980s with phony future promises of border security. 

Any immigration plan MUST begin with border security. PERIOD. My immigration plan does just that and protects those who want to come to the U.S. legally to work hard and make better lives. 

NATIONAL INTERNET SALES TAX 

During the budget fight, the Senate passed a resolution the big taxers have been wanting for years. 

Under the National Internet Sales Tax, big-taxing states like New York and California would be able to start taxing online retailers in low-tax states like Texas. Fortunately, the resolution was non-binding. But it means this will likely be a MAJOR fight in the coming months. 

Even with everything at stake, I'm afraid some of my colleagues - even within my own Republican Party - aren't committed to the fight. 

I know YOU can help turn the tide. 

But I must be able to count on your help going forward, as we continue the fight for our principles during the critical fights that lay ahead. 

So if you haven't yet done so, please sign your Statement of Republican Principles petition

If you already have signed the petition, please agree to forward to at least two or three friends

My hope is that my colleagues' desks will be flooded with these petitions when the Senate goes back into session. 

I can tell you, the impact you're having in Congress is incredible - and is making a tremendous difference. 

But these next several weeks will be critical. 

I'm standing for you in Congress. Please continue to stand with me. 

In Liberty,

Senator Rand Paul 

P.S. After a flurry of last-minute madness, the Senate has now recessed for two weeks. But when it goes back into session, some of the most important battles of the Obama presidency will take place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment