Monday, November 19, 2012

REPUBLICAN PARTY MUST WAKE UP TO REALITY!

Dear Conservatives, 

As I watched the results from the November 6 elections pour in, I could feel my blood pressure rising. 

I promised myself I'd keep my mouth zipped for a few days. 

Well, it's been a week. 

And as I write you, there's an all-out war raging for the heart and soul of the Republican Party. 

If you and I are going to hold on to any hope of turning our country around,this is not a fight we cannot afford to lose

That's why I'm counting on you to sign RANDPAC'S Statement of Republican Principles. 

I'll give you the link in just a moment. But first let me explain to you exactly why this is so important

I'm sure you've seen the news reports. 

GOP establishment types are signaling they're open to new tax hikes


They're saying our party should give up on repealing "ObamaCare" and allow this $2.6 trillion monstrosity to wreck our fragile economy. 

The media is even reporting anonymous sources blaming conservatives for the losses last week. 

But you and I shouldn't be surprised. 

For too long, Big Government Democrats AND Republicans have pushed massive new spending and billions of dollars in foreign aid to our enemies overseas. 

Republicans haven't lost because they were too conservative. 

They lost because they were nearly indistinguishable from the Democrats.

Republican failure to fight for lower spending, smaller government and our conservative values helped cost the GOP nationally for years.

One of the few exceptions was 2010, when myself and others from the Tea Party won election by ignoring the pundits, the liberal media and the GOP establishment and standing strong for our Republican Principles. 

Of course, the experts told us nominating a candidate who imposed the individual mandate in his state was the right person to defeat a President who imposed it on the country. 

They told us their "moderate" candidates would sweep the day, when in fact more of them lost across the country in state after state. 

After shooting our Republican Party in the foot for the past few years in Congress, and then in this election, they're desperate to pin the blame on someone else. 

That's why you and I must act. 

You see, from the beginning of the Republican Primaries, I was worried this would happen. 

It shouldn't have. 

President Obama has been a disaster as President. His dismal approval ratings show it. 

2012 should have been easy. It should have been in the bag. 

But from the beginning, the Republican establishment was telling voters the only thing that mattered was "who can win?" 

Not "who can fix our country's problems?" 

Asking the wrong question is one sure way to get the wrong answer. 

Our country is $16 trillion in debt, the "official" unemployment rate is just under 8%, and assaults on our liberties continue on a daily basis

It's time to get serious for a change. 

It's time to stop insulting Americans' intelligence with tired talking points and phony "solutions." 

Americans are thirsty for the GOP to return to core constitutional principles - not trade them in for the Democrat Party Platform. 

But I'm afraid, for that to happen, you and I are going to have to force my colleagues to recognize you will not tolerate the adoption of milquetoast Republicanism

Unfortunately, there's not much time. 

The lame duck congress is now in session. 

The new Congress will be sworn in 60 days. 

Fights will be raging every day. 

If you want your Republican Party to gain some semblance of a backbone before it's too late, I need to count on you to act immediately. 

So please sign your Statement of Republican Principles TODAY. 

My hope is to circulate these among my Republican colleagues here in Washington, D.C., and watch their jaws literally drop open when they see the massive number of signers. 

If you value your freedom and want to ensure your remaining liberties are protected, this fight is critical. 

The establishment is determined to keep its iron grip on our party. 

I shudder to think of the results should they succeed. 

This is our moment. This is the moment you and I begin to save not only our Republican Party, but our nation, as well. 

If you agree, I hope you'll sign your Statement of Principles so I can circulate them to my colleagues IMMEDIATELY. 

And if you could chip in with a contribution to help me mobilize more Americans to this fight, I'd truly appreciate it. 

Together, you and I can return the Republican Party to its constitutional principles. 

For Liberty,

Rand Paul

P.S. There's an all-out war raging for the heart and soul of the Republican Party. The GOP establishment is determined to win and begin the process of selling out what remains of our party's constitutional principles. 

If you and I lose this fight, it could mean losing the battle for our nation's future. 

So please sign your Statement of Republican Principles, and if you could chip in with a contribution to help me reach millions more Americans, I'd appreciate it

No comments:

Post a Comment