Sunday, February 12, 2012

NEVADA - RON FUTRELL POSSIBLE RUN FOR WARD 2

Dear Friend, 

I'm sending this to a select few on my list to let you know of the possibility that I may run for Las Vegas City Council, Ward 2 (first, I must tell you that I am not asking for money so you can read on :) 

I have lived in Ward 2 for more than 20 years. My wife and I raised our family on the eastern border of the Ward in the Angel Park, Palmhurst and Westcliff area. Like many of you we watched this area grow from tumbleweeds to towers. I still smile as I remember the opening of Jacobson Elementary and see Tyler and Chelsea releasing the purple and white balloons into the air. It seems like a short time ago I played the first rounds of golf at the grand opening of Canyon Gate and Badlands golf courses. Time flies. 


From there we moved to the western border of Ward 2, where we live now in the Red Rock,
Palo Verde area. We now get to watch 3 of our grandboys growing up in the same
neighborhood.

My main motivation for considering City Council is that after seeing, and personally feeling, the negative effect of the economy on us all---that we need to pull together and find solutions. I am convinced that we will get through this with a positive business environment and conservative principles in government.

For the last 10 years I have served on many local boards with the idea to give back to this community that has given my family so much. I have been honored to serve with Crime Stoppers of Nevada, the RTC Bush Shelter Committee, Speedway Children's Charities, Opportunity Village and most recently Governor Brian Sandoval appointed me to serve on the Nevada Governor's Council on Developmental Disabilities to serve those in Nevada who need service the most. 

On Wednesday Feb 15th at 9am the Las Vegas City Council will meet to discuss whether they will appoint a person to this seat, or run a Special Election. If they go with a Special Election the window of opportunity will be very short---it will happen quickly, perhaps as early as March or April. No decision about a candidacy has to made until after the City Council makes its decision. 


I would like to hear back from you on the issues that concern you the most right now in Las Vegas, and specifically in Ward 2. Whether I decide to run or not, my goal will always be to listen, to serve, and represent the many friends I have made over the years in Las Vegas.


Here is a map of Ward 2 ---it is basically the much of Summerlin, Peccole Ranch, The Lakes, Angel Park, Boca Park, and Queensridge. 

Here's a recent column from Norm Clark  in the RJ about my possible run.




Thanks----Ron


ron@FutureVegasMedia.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment