Saturday, July 2, 2011

TEACHING CONSERVATISM - STOP THE LIES OF THE LEFT

Educate Your Neighbors
By: Lee S Gliddon Jr

The only weapon that the Democrats fear is their followers learn truth. Only the most naive will refuse to believe truth when it is set forth with honesty and conviction.

In my many discussions with non-Conservative types I always expect the canned answer they have been taught to give not knowing the 'why' of their reply. For edification I will give you my question as well as their reply.

Me: Have you a political position with regards to the Debt Ceiling?


Them: There are two things I have been taught to never discuss. Those two things are, religion and politics.

Me: (with a small smile) Well, one deals with your immortal soul and where you will spend eternity and the other with how you will live life here on earth.

Every time I have given this reply the conversation has continued!

I then ask what their thoughts are on any topic I wish to learn about respecting politics. The Debt Ceiling. taxation, MEDICARE, Social Security, etc..

Upon learning what is understood on each topic I gently teach them the UNDENIABLE truth and give them the sources of my position. I get the usual objections but patiently point out clear and UNDENIABLE facts that I know to exist.

As an example while on the subject of our economic woes, instead of blaming Obama and Congress for spending, I went back in time and explained the Carter 'Community Redevelopment Act' and its effect on our banking system. I pointed out the fact that Reagan had shut it down and that Clinton had renewed it. I informed them of Clinton's demands on the banking system that, although a person was not qualified to buy a home, had bad credit, no down payment and no ability to pay the loan, Clinton, with the help of ACORN, threatened to boycott then sue any banks that failed to comply and blindly lend!

When they make comments respecting Bush having equal culpability I point out the fact that Bush, in 2003 and again in 2005 went before Congress and informed them that, "if this continues we are headed for the biggest housing bust in history." I also point out that it was Senator Dodd and Rep Barney Frank that openly lied as they issued opposing statements that let the situation evolve thereby causing what we know know to be the 'Foreclosure Crisis..' (there are videos of Bush speaking to Congress)

I also point out the fact that the, 'Foreclosure Crisis,' led to the Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac debacle, the TARP Bailout and the unemployment crises we continue to face.

If you 'bone up' and learn about this your argument, no matter the subject, cannot be defeated.
,
Then I get MEDICARE involved. The Left teaches that, 'it was Bush's Prescription Plan that caused the outrageous rise in MEDICARE costs." When I tell the person that Obamacare took $500 million from MEDICARE to fund a program that will close health care," as we know it, they are stunned. I then poke holes in Obamacare as everything it was based upon is a lie and they, the Left, knows it!

All in all, if you can, with truthful knowledge, get a discussion going and realize that you are actually TEACHING the person with whom you are speaking you will not only win that person over, but will gain a Conservative VOTE!

Now, there is a time for discussion of religion as well. The questions I get a huge response from is, "How old are you? Do you think you are going to live forever?" Then I ask, "What plans have you made for your afterlife here on earth?"  

Folks, that group of questions opens many doors!

The long and short of it is that people give canned answers to questions respecting religion and politics without realizing that they are being programmed by the Left to 'stay dumb' as they parrot the Party Lines of the Left!

Take time and TEACH THEM. Our Country and our Rights depend on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment